- Context of the Project. It specifies what the proposed system is supposed to do. How is going make the difference with the existing process
- Domain Model. It is the repository of all vocabularies used in the project. If any new jargon is discovered, this model needs to be updated as well.
- Data Model. It is basically the various database tables and/or external downloads from other system.
- Business Process. An array of activities which is system driven and user don’t participate with it explicitly. For example, we need to load all the trades and bonds before the user start clicking on the system. An loading the trades and bonds consists of several steps which we call business process
- Use cases. It is explicitly user driven activity. For example, users added a new product in the system or send a e-mail to some customer, that is an use case. I’ll explain it more details in the later part of this post
- So on and so forth
What is a use case? After asking google, I got millions of records within a fraction of second. But more I dig into the links, the more I get diverted from my objective. It’s seems to be like modern art, which can be explained from different angles. For some people, it may be just a few lines of scratches on a paper, but could be an interesting fact. Anyway, wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_case] defined it with proper attributes and let me share what I understood.